What’s the hottest new thing in car design? It isn’t all about sleek looks and fast engines; at least, it’s not just about that. More and more frequently, we are seeing safety become the top priority for car manufacturers and consumers, and a slew of new safety features are becoming standard parts of any new car you buy. These safety features can be instrumental in reducing your risk of getting involved in a car accident. Read on to find out more!
What Are Some of the Latest, Most Popular Car Safety Features?
- Back-up cameras. Backing out of a tight parking spot can be more than a little bit risky, but back-up cameras seek to eliminate this risk. Back-up cameras included as a standard vehicle feature can help drivers see any obstacles or other vehicles behind them.
- Parking assistance features. Parallel parking is every driver’s nightmare, but with the new parking assistance features built in to car models, it doesn’t have to be. Computer technology facilitates your parking with size detectors and cameras.
- Sideview assistance. While you should always be sure to check your blind spots as you drive, sometimes other vehicles can come up out of nowhere! Sideview assistance uses either light or sound alerts to let you know when there are cars in your blind spot, preventing you from turning into them accidentally.
- “Smart” cruise control. With specially-designed sensors, your “smart” or adaptive cruise control can adjust to keep your pace consistence with that of the rest of traffic, saving you from rear-ending the vehicle in from of you or getting involved in another type of car accident.
- “Smart” braking. Like adaptive cruise control, smart breaking is used to stop the vehicle when the driver fails to respond to a collision warning. These autonomous breaking systems can do wonders when it comes to preventing car accidents.